When you care deeply about your pet, you want to shield them from harm whenever possible. In a world that’s teeming with visible and invisible dangers, how do you help them stay healthy? For starters, we recommend seeing your pet at least once a year for their wellness exam. Pet exams are a critical part of every companion animal’s care. Dogs and cats age rapidly compared to humans, and can fall ill just as quickly.
At Banks Veterinary Clinic of Beaumont, every pet receives individualized wellness care, which means we recommend treatments based on their unique needs. With a more complete understanding of your pet’s condition, health history, and lifestyle, we can help you develop a long-term wellness plan.
Does your pet need a checkup? Call (859) 224-2287 or book online.
What is Included in Pet Exams?
A pet exam is more than just an exam. It often comprises several parts, including:
- A full physical examination, which includes checking the vitals
- An oral exam to check the teeth and gums
- Blood and fecal testing to check for heartworms, tick-borne diseases, intestinal parasites and other issues
- Vaccines/boosters recommended for your pet
- Deworming (usually needed for puppies and kittens)
- Dispensing of parasite prevention (we recommend year-round protection)
- Getting to know you and your pet, and discussing their nutrition, behavior, housetraining or litter box training, appropriate toys and treats, etc.
Here at Banks Veterinary Clinic of Beaumont, we spend a lot of time with our patients and their owners. We value the human-animal bond, but we also value the partnership we build with you. Helping you help your pet is one of our primary goals!